Tell me more about the transparent braces
Before we dive into the treatment, we’ll start with some general information. Because, what is Invisalign® and what are aligners? Invisalign® is a virtually invisible dental brace that dentists and orthodontists use to align your teeth. This transparent dental brace is made of layered plastic that you slide over your teeth like a cover.
Aligning your teeth is done with a series of aligners that are removable. You wear the aligners for a week and you replace them for a new set yourself. This way, your teeth and molars are brought to the ideal position, step by step.
There are no threads or hooks, so you don’t have to change the way you brush and floss. You can keep eating all your favourite foods because you’ll take them off before you start eating or drinking.
Weren’t we talking about the latest techniques? How about an extensive 3D scan where we can give you a sneak preview of your new smile? We do this with the help of the Itero mouth scanner. It’s very futuristic and pretty cool!
INVISALIGN®; IS IT FOR YOU AND WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
- Invisalign® is suitable for almost everyone with adult teeth. Teenagers, adults; everybody!
- With ‘Invisalign First’ we can pre-treat young children (9/10 years old). Even if they are still changing teeth. Want to know more? Just give us a call.
- Invisalign® is transparant so very esthetic. A big plus for both teenagers and adults.
- It’s comfortable, does not hurt as much as the traditional dental braces and has less influence on speech or brushing habits.
- Because you take it off while eating, drinking and brushing, it is a lot more hygienic (and therefore healthier) than traditional dental braces.
- The treatment is more time effective and you don’t have to visit the practice as often (once every eight weeks).
- Worldwide, more than 10 million (!) people have been successfully treated with Invisalign® braces.
WHAT IS THE TREATMENT PROCESS?
- First, light photos, X-rays and a 3D scan of your teeth are taken. Based on those results, we make a treatment plan.
- After making the digital treatment plan we order the aligners.
- Once the aligners arrived, we make an appointment so that we can place the first aligners together.
- During the treatment you will come for a check-up every eight weeks. After the first set of aligners is completed, we will deliberate if further treatment is needed to optimize the results.
- After treatment, teeth always tend to return to their old position. That’s just the way they are. We solve this problem with a splint and / or retainer (night brace).
Pssst… do you want to know what this treatment can do for you? Check out this Invisalign® tool, and see the possible end result.
What our clients think of us
Read what patients think of us on GOOGLE reviews!